Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Detroit Auto Show 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went to Detroit Auto Show 2007 along with my friend Madhan and his cousin in a Honda Accord. The weather God gave us a bad time with an ice storm that sent many cars ploughing into the nearby fields at a scary 80mph. Madhan, an expert driver, worked the gearbox and delicately piloted his car on the 2- 3inch thick ice covering the highway and safely took us to Detroit. I caught a glimpse of a tunnel leading to Canada and was worried whether Madhan would drive me into Canada and trouble as I was not even carrying my passport. But I felt relieved when I saw the show venue and the crowd.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My first reaction on seeing the venue- overcrowded. It was more like a hangout than a place for auto-enthusiasts. Madhan and I discussed about several cars, design and features that we liked. I was really surprised to hear that his opinion was same as that of mine in 99% of the cases. A 1-day trip to Detroit meant that we could only spend a few seconds with each car and had to keep an eye on the watch. This was also my first trip crossing a time zone on road. Chicago is on CST, whereas Detroit follows EST and is 1hour ahead.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I got up close and personal with Lamborghini Murcielago and accompanying models ;), Ferrari 599 Fiorana, Maybach 6.2, Rolls Royce 100Ex, Aston Martin Roadster,

The trip back home was dismissed fast by Madhan who drove at 85mph and brought me home safe. Thanks Schumacher!

Click here for MORE pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home